Friday, January 27, 2012

Stop Making Sense

Interest Profile-DAVID BYRNE

Mr Byrne


In a tutu


Click me for a lamp dance

Few People I have seen in this lifetime are as much of an inspiration as David Byrne is.  He one of a kind.     A real artist, a real New Yorker.

Not only was his band, the Talking Heads one of the most important bands of the last 50 years but he continues to lead through artistic expression.

You got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two
And you love me till my heart stops
Love me till i'm dead
Eyes that light up, eyes look through you
Cover up the blank spots
Hit me on the head

The beautifully shot  film from 1984, Stop Making Sense, will make your head spin off. Its a concert, Talking Heads put on in 1984.  Throughtout the show, a stage is being developed as David Byrne goes through different characters, changing outfits, and personalities.  Oh yea and..That Lamp, That Lamp.
Watch This Must Be The Place (Native Melody)..



No comments:

Post a Comment